It is mainly through campaigning that people and communities have helped create a kind of society in which they want to live.
Typically this is achieved by targeting those who make decisions that affect our lives, such as politicians, senior public sector officials, or the directors of companies; but it can also target behaviours and attitudes across the wider population (as is increasingly becoming the case on environmental issues).
Here at SouthwarkCAN we are trying to support campaigning in Southwark! You are invited to an interactive session on Wednesday 7th September with Alasdair Mackenzie from Parliament’s community outreach and engagement service.
The workshop is a great opportunity to find out more about the structures of campaigning and democracy and think about how you can raise the profile of your campaign!
The workshop will include:
- Understanding how you can engage and how to develop a campaigning ‘toolkit’
- Know which engagement method to use and when as part of a campaign
- How you can take forward issues that matter to you with your MP
- Different campaigning possibilities
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions!
Refreshments will be available.
Spaces are limited so let us know that you're coming by RSVPing below!
To see what causes people are fighting for in Southwark visit our campaigns page.
19 Buller Close
London SE15 6UJ
Google map and directions