East Dulwich will host a street festival with all the trimmings when the Christmas Cracker returns on Saturday 3 December.
The 2015 Christmas Cracker involved 500 participants and attracted over 5000 visitors. Now in its fifth year, the 2016 East Dulwich Christmas Cracker will offer even more to get everyone in the festive spirit:
- A Bandstand with performances from Local Bands, Choirs, Theatre Groups; compèred by local comedy duo, Scummy Mummies.
- A Festive Market with fabulous gifts and delicious festive foods.
- A Kid’s Christmas Disco with The Little Disco Company.
- Quirky roaming entertainers provided by local alternative comedy club, Pull the Other One.
- A Christmas Wreath competition run by The Fresh Flower Company.
- A Christmas Jumper Competition judged by the East Dulwich Women’s Institute.
- A Christmas Treasure Hunt run by Link Age Southwark.
- Arts & Crafts workshops, Poetry and Storytelling activities for kids and grown-ups.
- Exclusive offers, gifts and activities with fantastic Local Traders and Businesses.
The East Dulwich Christmas Cracker is part of the Southwark Presents programme and is funded by Southwark Council and contributions from local traders.
Look out for these amazing traders
Blackwood’s Cheese Company
Artisan Cheese Producers & Cheesemongers
Based in Brockley SE London
Souvlaki Street was founded in 2013 by Conor and Evi to feed their craving for Souvlaki in London. Using only the freshest, most authentic ingredients from Greece, our aim is to create the closest thing to proper Greek Souvlaki as you will find anywhere in the UK.
Ketchup on Everything
Ketchup on Everything create retro inspired prints for your Nursery/child's bedroom based around their 'Animal Alphabet' Poster design which is super cool and makes learning REALLY fun.
Agua Na Boca
A food stall with a difference! Agua Na Boca sells Brazilian delicacies such as Salgadinhos (pastry savouries), Gourmet Brigadeiros (chocolate truffles) and Churros (delicious doughnuts filled with chocolate or salted caramel) from his tricycle.
The Dogfather Diner
American owned all beef gourmet hotdogs, Mexican hats, Coca Cola bottles
fun, family atmosphere.
Cade Street Nursery
We are a plant nursery based in East Sussex and grow over 800 varieties of Garden Plants. In addition we sell a wide range of Christmas handmade decorations at Christmas time including Candle Arrangements, Wreaths, planted arrangements, we also stock mistletoe and we'll have lots of Christmas trees for sale at the Christmas Cracker.
Lisa E Moss
British jewellery designer Lisa E Moss has distinguishing herself in London as a unique and eclectic designer with an eye for cleverly combining vintage and antique artefacts with a fashion-forward edge
A treasure trove of beautiful Christmas gifts, unusual, ethical and irresistible. Made by hand and sourced mainly from India, we work with small family businesses and social enterprises drawing on the skills of traditional crafts but designed to give a new and modern look. Leisurewear, cashmere scarves, shawls and accessories. Recycled glass and fabulous Moroccan Safi bowls as well as an indulgence of stocking fillers and treats.