Sat 17 December 2016
10:15 – 13:00 GMT
Meet at 10.15am at the riverside entrance of Tate Modern
Tate Modern, London, SE1
Free, Family Friendly
This guided walk will encompass two contrasting sides of the year’s shortest day.
It will touch on the contradictions of the solstice and the festive time of year, from joyful pagan music to talks on seasonal affective disorder and the impact of the darker days on the mind, to the spirituality of William Blake and a look at the man who founded the Samaritans, all while winding through some of the City’s most beautiful and historic sites.
Join us for a Christmas wellbeing walk with a twist, acknowledging this period of celebration and reflection.
Optional registration online on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/light-and-shade-the-winter-solstice-walk-tickets-29886391000
Going on a CoolTan Arts walk:
· All walks are completely free, but voluntary donations are welcome
· No registration is necessary, just turn up!
· The walk leaders wear orange high-viz vests and rucksacks
· The walks take between 90 minutes time and 2+1/2 hours
· The walks are suitable for all levels of fitness, and are accessible to wheelchair users and people with disabilities
· Call CoolTan Arts on 07985 658443 if you cannot find the walking group on the day
London SE1 9TG
Google map and directions