What is Southwark CAN?
Southwark Community Action Networks (CANs) are developing in each part of the borough. There is a wealth of community activity going on already in every part of Southwark – but sometimes it is hard for people to find out what is on their doorstep or know how they can get involved. Southwark CANs will help you get the information and support that you need to get more involved in your local community.
How can you get involved in your local community?
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved in your local community from volunteering for a local community group to setting up a group to meet a need in your area, joining a local campaign, or getting more involved in local democracy to name a few.
We're here to help you get involved more!
What are Community Action Network meetings?
There will be three Community Action Network meetings a year per area. These meetings are a chance to:
• Meet local people
• Find out what activities, campaigns or initiative are going on near you
• Share ideas and make connections to develop your own community activities
To find out more about them, and when your next meeting is, click here.
And what about this website?
Through this website you can:
• Share ideas and connect with local people to make things happen – or share your story
• Find out about local campaigns, community groups events and initiatives
• Read stories from local projects and people
Who are we?
Southwark CANs are being developed as a project of Community Southwark in partnership with local organisations and community groups. Community Southwark is a Registered charity. If you would like to know more about Community Southwark please visit our website www.communitysouthwark.org
T: 020 7358 7020