This is the first session of series of policy writing workshops that will take place in the coming months involving members of the Elephant and Walworth Neighbourhood Forum.
The focus this time will be on Heritage & Community Assets and Housing.
The purpose of the sessions are to:
1. Take the Vision and the Mission Statement (Objective) for each Action Area (Topic)
2. Review what the consultation feedback and existing evidence says about the issues
3. Agree what a neighbourhood planning policy or other actions (e.g. projects) could do to address the issues raised
4. Review how existing planning policies (Southwark, London Plan, NPPF) address the issues raised and whether there are gaps or weaknesses
5. Explore whether there are any examples of other neighbourhood plans with relevant policies
6. Identify any gaps in evidence/engagement needed to justify this policy
7. Draft the following outputs:
- Final draft Objective (Mission Statement) for Topic (Action Area)
- Draft intention for each policy - which will be converted into actual planning policy at the next stage
- Draft justification for each policy, drawing on evidence and consultation feedback
- Completed policy template for each policy (slide 31 and template attached)
- Identify additional evidence/engagement needed
Please RSVP below as spaces are limited!