Over the last few months we have met with a number of churches in the Borough. Although we have come across many faith groups engaging in social action, we have also met with many seldom heard 1 groups who do not engage with faith groups.
To consolidate our understanding of social action in Southwark, we will be holding a focus group with faith leaders to explore:
· The role faith groups play within Southwark;
· To what extent to faith groups support social action in the borough.
· What social action initiatives are already taking place in the borough;
· The diversity of the faith groups; and
· How they support people from seldom heard groups;
This focus group will be taking place from 6:00pm-8:00pm on Tuesday, 6th December 2016 at Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square, Camberwell, London SE5 0HF.
Refreshments will be provided.
If you would like to attend, please contact Nathan Lewis either by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 020 7358 7253.
1 Seldom heard is a term used to describe groups that may be under represented in consultation and involvement around services. The term places the responsibility on agencies to engage with groups who may be excluded from services.