Heathrow is consulting on changing its flight paths - we need to act by 4 March.
Make sure you have your say - otherwise we could have 25,000 more planes coming over us every year in a constant line.
Heathrow is changing its flight paths, whether or not it gets a third runway. These changes could make life even worse for residents across South East London or bring some improvement to the unrelenting plane noise we face every day and night.
For those not aware of how the effects of living under a flight path, you can watch this short video.
Plane Hell Action has produced a guide to help you navigate the consultation.
The consultation covers 4 things:
How to respond
1. Email your comments to: email@example.com
The consultation can be confusing, so please use this Plane Hell Action guide, which takes you through the questions
Here are some example key points you can put in your own words
- Protect our quality of life: enjoyment of our homes, gardens and health is paramount above economic benefits to airlines.
- Keep noise levels within latest WHO guidelines: 40dB at night/shoulder (11pm - 6am); & 45dB during the day (6am - 11pm)
- Do not concentrate flight paths- spread the effects of aviation noise, not concentrate them as is currently wrongly interpreted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Air Traffic Controllers (NATS) and, in this consultation, Heathrow.
- Ban night flights in accordance with World Health Organisation's report that 8 hours minimum sleep is required for good health
- Stop double overflight from Heathrow and London City; no community should be affected by air traffic below 5000ft to more than one airport
- Do not lift the interim proposed cap on flights (25,000 more on top of the current capped 480,000).
This is the only way your representatives will know what you feel about the proposed changes and will be better able to support your local environment and community, if necessary challenging Government policy and/or Heathrow.
Deadline for returning your response is 11.55pm on Monday 4 March 2019